Mark Your Calendars: New Bedford Folk Festival is Here
Something For Everyone
Come for the beer, come for the food, come for the music! New Bedford Folk Festival has a little bit of everything and more. From artisan vendors to live music, no matter your interests you will find something worth going for. Come check it out July 6-7th in Downtown New Bedford.
First and Foremost: Food & Beer!
The beer garden will be located right in front of the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center on Purchase Street. Here you’ll be able to cut loose with some great craft beer and fill up on delicious food from a number of food trucks. Be sure to bring your appetite, the food is as follows:
- Acushnet Creamery – Homemade ice cream, yogurt and sherbet.
- Bird’s Nest Italian – Deep fried manicotti, lasagna samosa, Italian steak & cheese egg rolls and so much more.
- Del’s Lemonade – Need we say more?
- Dorothy Cox Chocolate – Locally made chocolate, fudge and peanut brittle.
- Fancheezical – Gooey grilled cheeses with smoked BBQ chicken and pork options.
- Poppin’ Mad Kettle Corn – Salty and sweet artisan made and GMO free popcorn.
- Seafood Hut – Locally sourced fish, scallops, chowder and clam cakes.
- Teddy’s Lunch Box – Wraps and quesadillas.
- Timi’s Greek & Middle Eastern Food – Gyros, falafel, greek salads and more!
- Costal Foodshed Farmers’ Market – A great friend of ours! Pick up some local produce to take home with you!
- Everything About Crepes – Family owned mobile cart serving crepes, hot dogs and pretzels.
- Flip N’ Roll – Delicious American and Portuguese cuisine using family recipes.
- Refreshin’ Concessions – A classic old school ice cream truck.
- Wild Bill’s Soda – Selling stainless steel mugs with unlimited soda for the day from the taps of old fashioned cane sugar soda.
Live music will be played throughout the weekend by talented folk artists both local and from afar! Musicians include Anne Hills, Art Tebbetts, Bourque Emissaires, Beaucoup Blue and many, many more. It wouldn’t be a folk festival without folk music now would it? These musicians will not only be performing, but hosting workshops where they will experiment in combining genres and perform together to create truly unique experiences. Performances and workshops can be found in the Zeiterion, Semen’s Bethel, and Custom House Square.
The 2019 New Bedford Folk Festival’s line up for Artisan vendors is seriously too big for this article, but you can find the full vendor list here. What can be said is there is certainly one of everything you can think of, and whole lot more than you thought! Everything from upcycled skateboard art, jewelry, wooden crafts and candles to soaps, items made from ocean debris, glass blown art, clothing and maple syrup! Vendors will be stationed all throughout Purchase Street, Baker’s Lane and Williams Street, be sure to bring some cash.
While most of what we’ve listed is open to the public, why not get a premium pass!? With a New Bedford Folk Festival premium pass you get guaranteed seating at all Zeiterion performances and priority seating at Whaling Museum events. You also get free parking at both the Zeiterion and Elm street garages. Access to a fully air-conditioned lounge with private restrooms is another perk. But most importantly, the premium pass earns discounts at the food court & beer garden!
Looking for more ideas for summer fun in the neighborhood? Check out this list of things to do on the SouthCoast this summer.
- New Bedford’s Best Restaurants – Brought to Groundwork - February 26, 2020
- How to Stay Sane in the New England Winter - February 3, 2020
- Spotlight: EforAll’s 2019 Summer Cohort - September 16, 2019