New Bedford is surely on its way to becoming a hot spot for tech on the SouthCoast. Don’t believe me? Check out the roster of events planned for next week.
ATMEL IoT Training and Happy Hour
ATMEL, a leader in IoT innovation, is bringing their famous “Tech on Tour” mobile trailer to New Bedford. For those who want to get their hands dirty and dive in, the ATMEL team is offering a free hands-on training on Monday June 15th.
The training on Monday is followed by a happy hour at one of our new favorite spots, Pier 37. This casual social event is open to all and is a chance to network with the ATMEL engineers and members of the SoCoLAUNCH! Meetup. (And yes, some rogue non-tech folks will be there, such as the Groundwork! team.)
SoCo Tech Expo
These events will culminate in the SoCo Tech Expo: an exciting display including the ATMEL truck, drones, robots, and more. The public is welcome to come and get inspired with staff demos, talks, and tours of the mobile lab. We’re inviting local robotics programs to exhibit as well as food vendors.
The tech expo will also feature a 1,000 gallon underwater robot interactive display through the Navy Seaperch Robotic Program, along with Drones, Robots, and 3D Printing with New England Tech.
Ready to check it out? Here’s the schedule with links to register and get more details:
Monday, June 15th
- IoT Training with Free Kit: 8am-4pm at New Bedford State Pier. Registration is REQUIRED for this event. Sign up and details on the SoCoLAUNCH! Meetup >
- Happy Hour and Networking with ATMEL Engineers and SoCoLAUNCH! at Pier 37 5pm. Details on the SoCoLAUNCH! Meetup >
Tuesday, June 16th
- SoCo Tech Expo: 9-6pm at New Bedford State Pier. Details on the SoCoLAUNCH! Meetup >
- Can I use a coworking space for Google My Business? - April 26, 2023
- Marketing Lab: The Best Business Resource on the South Coast You Didn’t Know About - March 23, 2023
- You Need a Field Trip: Why Working Offsite Leads to Better Work - February 13, 2023