Britney Ganeto was born and raised right here in New Bedford. After spending 6 years in Florida, she decided to come back home, about 4 years ago, to start her own cleaning business and reconnect to her community. Maybe you’ve seen Britney at Groundwork, meeting with various people, chatting with others, or working on her laptop. Or perhaps you have spotted her at one of the Buy Black NB events she regularly volunteers for. Wherever you may have seen Britney, she was sure to have a smile on her face and one of her business cards in her back pocket! Always happy to chat about business or how to help the New Bedford community, Britney is definitely a young local entrepreneur to keep your eye on!
What is your profession?
I am the owner of New B Cleaning Residential and Commercial Cleaning Company and a real estate agent.
Describe a typical work day for you.
We have a team of 4 girls. Typically 2- 3 team members are assigned their cleaning location. When they clock in to start their day is when they can receive their job location. They then prep their materials for the day based on the assigned type of cleaning.
What’s the biggest challenge you face at your job?
Conveying the value of our service and how it matches the price. Typically in this industry cleaners don’t get paid much but our girls do! They get paid a living wage, which also reflects their level of expertise within the field.
Do you have a morning routine?
Yes, every morning I start my day with prayer. I’m extremely grateful to be on this journey. Followed by a morning meeting with the girls prior to them going out for their scheduled shift. I then block off 30 mins each morning to review and follow up with emails.
What are your favorite productivity tips or hacks?
Cleaning Vinegar and baking soda work wonders on really sticky and dirty surfaces.
When you are trying to clean a kitchen in a timely manner with a dirty oven, turn the oven on 250 for 15 minutes. Shut the oven off and spray it down with easy-off. Close the door for 15 minutes and clean the rest of the kitchen. Use a magic eraser and a scraper grease and grime wipes off with minimum scrubbing.
What do you listen to during the day?
- The first 2 hours of day I listen to gospel music or some type of inspirational podcast
- I spend at least an hour listening to a book
- Followed by 90s and Early 2000s R&B
How do you benefit from using a coworking space?
- Conduct interviews in a professional space
- Host meetings and trainings with my team
- Print training manuals, HR docs, and documents for my team
- Print and put together brochures for my clients to have a visual of the packages we offer
- Meet with other vendors or contractors to increase my network
- Meet with the mentors from EforAll that offer coaching and tips to help my business grow
- An office space to focus on my work with other professionals and also socially engage with them as well.
What’s in your digital toolbox?
Honeybook and Homebase:
Honeybook helps me send invoices, proposals and contracts to clients. It also takes my payments online and tracks all revenue.
Homebase helps me schedule my girls, keeps track of their time and allows me to correspond with them prior to shift and during the day.
What’s the best part of your day?
- Knowing we were able to help relieve a client’s stress and give them back time in their day versus it being spent on cleaning.
- Also LUNCH of course – I’m a foodie at heart!
What (or who) inspires you?
- Being able to economically impact the city of New Bedford by providing jobs to people in the community, influence the younger community and empower others to tap into their purpose.
- My Mom has been my greatest inspiration. I watched her challenge herself as a single mom and continue to grow within her work environment while she mentored and touched many along the way. This year she finally hung up her hat after 48 years of working at St. Lukes Hospital. Her passion and dedication to helping others while also being the best person in my life is what inspires me. If I have even half the impact she has had on people, I would consider myself successful!
- Meet Our Community Coordinator: Nicole Cosme - May 17, 2023
- Donna Criscuolo: Helping to Empower People Throughout the South Coast - April 19, 2023
- Need an office? Here’s why you should consider a coworking space over a traditional lease. - April 19, 2023