Jobs at Groundwork
Part-Time, Fall River MA
Groundwork is seeking a community manager for our newest location in Fall River. This individual is the glue that holds our coworking community together. You will play a key role in providing an outstanding experience for our members and growing our community.
You are comfortable connecting with strangers and making them feel at ease. You are naturally curious about people and love to make introductions. You enjoy delivering hospitality and are aware of all the small details that add up to an outstanding customer experience: a welcoming smile, hot coffee, clean workspace, and personalized acts of kindness. You are also able to multi-task, self-organize, and get things done. You are comfortable navigating new technology, and you are patient enough to help others who are not so tech-savvy. You thrive in a flexible start-up environment and love to roll up your sleeves and dig into a challenging project.
Groundwork is a community-driven coworking space with locations in New Bedford and Fall River. We provide shared office space for consultants, small non-profits, remote workers and other professionals. Our culture is fun and fast-paced and we are currently growing. Our members are typically remote workers, freelancers, small business owners, or non-profit administrators. They are passionate about their work and their community. We are a women-owned business and a very small team. You will oversee the Fall River location and report to the owner. You may collaborate with the New Bedford-based community manager on projects. As we grow, we will add team members and you may have an opportunity to grow into a supervisor role. (Read more about who we are.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer the phone and greet all members and guests at the front desk.
- Create a welcoming environment by assisting members in a friendly, patient and professional manner.
- Oversee general ambience: lighting, temperature, and music. Ensure hot coffee is always available.
- Foster a sense of community by engaging members in communication, initiating conversation on Slack, encouraging attendance at social events, and facilitating connections when appropriate.
- Give tours to potential members and conduct onboarding sessions with new members.
- Understand Groundwork's product offerings and be able to answer questions and make recommendations to current and potential members.
- Maintain high occupancy rates by retaining current members and engaging in sales strategy to acquire new members.
- Manage meeting room reservations and ensure that rooms are clean and ready for clients.
- Assist with planning, preparing, and promoting community events.
- Assist with maintaining facilities in clean, professional and good working order, by continuously surveying the common areas for
problems and either correcting the problems or bringing them to the attention of management. This will include light cleaning duties in common areas such as emptying wastebaskets and wiping down surfaces.
- Assist with maintaining and ordering inventory supplies (coffee, office supplies, snacks, etc.).
- Sort and process mail for Groundwork's virtual mail clients.
- Provide light technical assistance functions (changing copy machine ink and paper, helping clients connect to Wi-Fi and printers, setting up A/V equipment for meetings, etc.) as needed.
- Exceptionally reliable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good at organizing and multitasking, able to wear many hats
- Experience in sales, hospitality, customer service, or business operations
- Interest in collaborative workspaces and coworking, or entrepreneurship
- Comfortable speaking about, selling, and growing the community
- Outgoing, warm, tactful, and approachable
- Genuine curiosity and interest in learning about our member businesses and organizations
- Self-starter with the ability to focus and work independently
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; students welcome to apply
- Leadership experience or experience working in teams a plus
You need basic IT wherewithal. We use G-suite, Active Campaign CRM, Office R&D, and Anytime Mailbox. You do not need to be familiar with these platforms but you need the ability to learn new software quickly and troubleshoot issues independently.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license required
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination required
Perks & benefits:
- Paid time off & holidays
- Professional development opportunities: both in-house and external programs
- Access to food and beverage that is made available to members
Part-Time: M-F 20-25 hours/week
Starting wage: $20/hr
TO APPLY: Email your resume to email@example.com. In the body of the email, tell us why you are interested in working at Groundwork and what strengths you will bring to our community.