Jobs at Groundwork
Community Coordinator: New Bedford or Fall River
PT: 20-28 hrs/week $18-20/hr
Groundwork is New Bedford's first coworking space, and we recently expanded to Fall River. We offer shared workspace for consultants, small non-profits, remote workers and other professionals. Our culture is fun, supportive, and social. Our members are typically remote workers, freelancers, small business owners, or non-profit administrators. They tend to be passionate about their work and their community. Our members are amazing and they make Groundwork what it is, so customer service is a high priority for us.
About Your Role:
The Community Coordinator is the brand ambassador, ensuring that Groundwork and its community are represented accurately and professionally at all times. This part-time hourly position serves as the first level of support to our members and provides a quality first impression of the company to guests. This person works daily to drive the sales and growth of the Groundwork community, curates an inclusive and welcoming environment, provides excellent customer service at all times, eagerly responds to member needs and actively seeks solutions to increase the productivity of our members, and ensures that the space is fully operational and processes run smoothly. We are currently hiring for this role in both of our locations, New Bedford & Fall River.
- Submit resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- Feel free to email us with any questions.
- Await a call or email to schedule an initial phone or video interview.
- We typically run a 3-step interview process: video interview, in-person interview, and a Trial Day.
- Helpful, professional, and kind personality
- Must love people, and have genuine curiosity to learn more about our members
- Strong interpersonal communication, writing, and grammar skills
- Strong organizational skills and task management
- Adaptable computer and tech capabilities
- Reliable transportation and ability to work at both New Bedford and Fall River locations
- Flexible schedule, as you may sometimes be asked to work a morning or evening to accommodate guests
- Strong work ethic, responsible and accountable for your actions
Ideal candidates will have 1-2 years experience in hospitality, sales, or administrative positions.
- Ability to occasionally assemble/disassemble furniture, change light bulbs or other light handy work, lift up to 20-30 lbs of items
- Available at least 15 hours per week during business hours (M-F 9-5)
- Able to report to both New Bedford and Fall River locations
- Maintains client relations among the members by meeting their needs and solving problems
- Greets all members by name on a daily basis, learns about member goals and businesses to “connect the dots"
- Provides initial sales needs, from fielding incoming inquiries, leading tours, and following up on inquiries and leads.
- Documents all correspondence, notes, and coordination with prospects, and current and previous clients in customer relations management software
- Documents any notes and updates with internal tasks and projects in project management software
- Assists with planning and promoting member events; attends events to encourage participation and discussion
- Administers daily office duties, including:
Opening/closing procedures, answering phones, retrieving mail for clients, sorting mail and notifying clients, giving tours to potential new clients, greeting walk-ins and guests, ensuring that all customer-related tasks are completed daily, walking the space to monitor conditions and supply levels, straightening up the space,
maintaining kitchen (making coffee, replenishing supplies, running the dishwasher).
- Provides first line of tech support—installs printer drivers, troubleshoots internet/network/wi-fi and printer needs
- Sets up spaces for classes, events and film/photo shoots
- Create content for the Groundwork blog and social media channels
- “Level 1” sales/reservation system tasks: Reserves spaces (including those fielded from referral partners), Collects payments, Checks clients in/out.
- Professional development opportunities – in-house and external programs
- Access to food and beverage that is made available to members
- Ability to use the coworking space and meeting rooms
- Paid holidays
TO APPLY: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the email, tell us why you are interested in working at Groundwork and what strengths you will bring to our community.